Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 5:Thank God it’s Friday!!!

Thank God it’s Friday!!!

We IT people literally live for and on weekends.

Anyways, let’s talk about what I did today. It was 5th day and still many of my colleagues were surprised at me cooking all my meals. Some friends who read my last post were also very supportive.

Ok let’s come back to the place of action: My 6X10 kitchen, where I do my part time job of being a full time ‘Grihasth’. Today also I didn’t have any veggies or some soaked rajma/chana etc so I decided to try once again the first dish that I ever learnt: egg bhujia. I was in class 3 when mummy taught me this. I was a fussy eater in my childhood and wouldn’t eat anything(the kind of kids you see in complain ads), except aloo ki bhujia and egg bhujia. Kids are just strange; why they like some food and don’t like some other is totally unpredictable.

The recipe is as simple and easy as ABC(exactly what I learnt in class 3):

Heat some oil in pan, add some jeera and finely chopped onions with salt. Fry till they turn pink, as if blushing in anticipation of meeting the yellow yolks. Add the eggs(of course without the shell) and keep on frying on a simmer flame till its ready.

Sometimes we see that not adding many ingredients and keeping the dish simple really helps. Simple onions and eggs when fried on a low flame for some time give you amazing taste.Missed green coriander(Dhania) though.

Now come to the second part: the rotis. Since I generally have parathas in lunch in office(reason disclosed in last post), many ask me if I can make round rotis and also if they become a true phulka. Well I cant say much except adding some pics.


My grocery stock is running out. My wife left here only that much so that I can only experiment. Who knew that I would actually be cooking? So heading tomorrow to Big Bazaar to buy some rajma, Arise Rice, ginger garlic paste and some other stuff. I have no issues with fresh gingers and garlics, but as I told you, I am really slow right now and need some boosters.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Silliest sentence...

    "Kids are just strange; why they like some food and don’t like some other is totally unpredictable."

    Abey yaar, taste kee baat hai. Aaage-aage dekho jaani hota hai kya.

    BTW, spelling mistakes bahaut karte ho yaar tum.

    ReplyDelete